Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Short Skirts, Fans on the Attack and Russian Chills


So I don't know if you have heard about this woman who was kicked off of a Southwest Airlines flight b/c her outfit was "obscene" as a Southwest employee called it? I say "Good for Southwest!"...Have you seen her outfit? She has been making the talk show and news show rounds, on the advice of her lawyer, I'm sure, showing off her outfit! The skirt is so short, I'm sure when she sits down you can easily see her underwear...it's like she took a regular mini skirt, then cut the bottom off up to the bottom of the zipper...yeah, WAY too short! I say shame on these shows for having her on and shame on her lawyer for taking this ridiculous case!


OK, I wanted to comment on this one yesterday, but I really wanted yesterday to only be a reflection of 9-11. At first, the video image of the newscaster in Melbourne, Australia kind of makes you laugh. The guy is standing out in front of some street, rehashing a rugby game, when a fan literally takles him and pushes him from out in front of the camera. My first thought was they were fans that were happy their team won and were letting off excitement. Then you realize these fans are beating the guy and the camera is still rolling! I mean they really look like they are having a good go at him! I know the rugby crowd can be brutal, but this newscaster didn't deserve this!


Lastly, I have to comment on things in Russia. I don't remember if it was some sort of documentary or just a news piece, but I saw some disturbing information about Russia. This story told of how Putin has created these camps for kids all over Russia. For the most part they looked like summer camp in the US: they showed kids in the woods, hanging out together, etc. The main difference is it also is helping kids to learn the ways of old Russia and help them to be ingrained in that mindset. Putin is heading his country back to the likes of the cold-war era, and that really gives me chills!


No comments:

Post a Comment