Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Creating Independent Kids

Here we go...the other day my 7 yr old came home with a bumper sticker that said "My child is an honored student at .....school" HONORED student! What the hell is that? I mean give me a break! I'm so sick and tired of our kids being coddled in the school system! Since my kids were in kindergarten, if they want to invite anyone from school to a birthday party, they have to either invite all the girls or all the boys (depending on if your child is a boy or girl), or the whole class...why? So no one has hurt feelings!!! Because as we all know no one ever gets their feelings hurt in REAL LIFE! So now it has spread to the bumper sticker. You're all Honored students...so the kids who bust their ass to get good grades get NO special recognition and the kids who are trouble makers and are disruptive get a pat on the back as honored students - why should they strive for any better? Why should they want to be honor students, they wouldn't get any special treatment or recognition!!!

I think this is why we have a generation of younger employees in the workforce right now that have no work ethics! They were never made to take responsibility for their actions! Everyone is always making excuses and making up reason why they did or could not do something - it's never their fault, there is always some reason. What ever happened to "I made a mistake" or "I used poor judgement"??

No comments:

Post a Comment