Wednesday, July 9, 2008

No Rest For the Wicked....or the Weary

I haven't been faithfully following the outcome of the runoff "election" in Zimbabwe, however I have read some news here and there. The G8 summit this week seems to have Zimbabwe on much of its agenda. Although even the African Union is torn on what to do about the country in turmoil - some actually back the fake election and others want it out of the Union. The G8 summit seems to be coming to agreement on sactions against Zimbabwe, but some are not sure if this will work. It's amazing that the UN and African Union and G8 Summit are discussing the fate of this country with literally thousands of peoples lives in the balance. I still don't know what, if anything, we can do to help the situation so I guess I would just ask for everyone to keep the people of this country in their thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment