Sunday, March 28, 2010

Life Is One Big Septic System...



It's all about how you filter out the crap! We've been having issues with our septic system so I thought a septic themed topic would be appropriate.

I know, I know. You haven't heard from me in a while. 2009 was a doosey...it was a tough year for us. 2010 didn't start off so rosy either. I have been in such a funk, the motivation to write just wasn't there. My friend, Kori, asked why she hadn't seen anything from me, and I said, "Because life is really sucking right now" and she said that's what I should write about! I wasn't sure, but then more and more people have been asking where I've been....so here we go....

I know more about septic systems now than I ever thought was possible. I am on a first name basis with the guy at the Board of Health in my city. We were going to get it done at the end of last year and had signed up for a guy to do it without asking many questions...fortunately something sent a red flag up for me and when I started digging, I found out he was lying to me...nasty bugger! So I've read a ton online and asked a bunch of questions from a bunch of people. When we built our house 14 years ago, no one told us we had to do anything different with a septic system. Neither of us had experience with a septic system so all we did was get it pumped every few years. Now I know those little wipes we got the kids that say "flushable" should NEVER be used in a septic system and that we should have been using special toilet paper all these years...did you know that septic systems work by using bacteria so when you use ANTI-BACTERIAL hand soap or anything, you are killing the bacteria that make your septic system work? I know that now! Now that we get a puddle in our front lawn anytime someone takes a shower longer than 2 minutes! So we will be having our front lawn dug up and share the stench with our neighbors while the job is being done.
Life really is like a septic system...it runs quite smoothly when all the crap is filtered out...don't ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment