Monday, October 26, 2009

Just Ride Lugia To School...





File this under, "Huh?"

This is the conversation I had this morning while I was driving my little genius to school:

Bethany: "If I didn't go to daycare in the morning, would you not have to pay for it?"

Me: "Do you mean if you stopped going altogether (she goes every morning so I can drop her off at 8am instead of 830am)?

Bethany: "Yes"

Me: "I would not have to pay for it if you didn't go anymore" not sure I wanted to know the answer..."Why?"

Bethany: "When we were camping me and Jamie found these ball things in the woods and we pretended they were Pokemon eggs. We covered them with pine needles and leaves to keep them warm until we left, then we brought them home with us. I had a dream that when we brought them home, one of them hatched and it was Lugia (a Pokemon character).

Me: (blink, blink)"Umm, what does this have to do with not going to daycare?"

Bethany: "Oh, well if I had Lugia I wouldn't need to go to daycare because I could just stay with Lugia when you went to work and then Lugia could fly me to school."

Me: (blank stare)"Oh"....I was too afraid to ask if she knew Lugia wasn't real.

No comments:

Post a Comment