Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Books and Coffee....Coffee and Books

I have seen a world without coffee, and it's a very scary place. I go through phases when I'm trying to eat healthier and I will give up coffee in the process...I know, I know...what the hell am I thinking?! For those of you who are sitting there saying, "Silly woman, coffee is not bad for you, in fact there are studies which have shown coffee, in moderation, can be very good for you." To you, I say, have you ever seen the way I have my coffee? I cannot drink it black, which I believe is the only way it is healthy. I scoff at black coffee...no, somewhere along the way I found that a touch of chocolate in my coffee was quite delectable, even a little addictive. Yes, I have to drink coffee with all kinds of sugary-bad-for-you-goodness in it. And ALWAYS some kind of chocolate in it.

When I try to give it up, my body thinks I'm punishing it and gets very depressed. As I said this happened recently so I decided to cheer myself up. What is better than a cup of coffee with a good book? Almost nothing...minds out of the gutter people...I said ALMOST! Anyway, to cheer myself up I took the girls to the local Borders bookstore. This is one of the mega Borders, with the nice little cafe in the back and comfy lounging chairs all over the store. We all picked out books, then I got a nice mocha coffee and we sat for three wonderful hours reading away. Well, Bethany did more people watching than reading, but I read a whole book and Jamie read several smaller books. What a blissful way to spend an afternoon...
I've always loved reading, but in the last five or ten years, I've really loved having books. I love seeing them stacked haphazardly on a table or shelf and knowing that I have read them all or intend to. I love having books so much that one day when we "hit it big" and move into a big house, we'll have a room that will be called the library. The walls will be filled with books and it will have one of those ladders on wheels and when friends come to visit I can have the butler answer the door and say, in one of those snooty butler-voices, "Ah, yes, she's expecting you. She's waiting in the library".
What? It could happen...




No comments:

Post a Comment