Friday, August 14, 2009

Diapergate...

Don't worry, I haven't posted a picture of diapers because I'm pregnant...I have to tell you about something bizarre that happened last night.
Last night as I was driving home from work and I was coming up to our house, there was a Chevy Blazer-type vehicle parked on the side of the street right before our driveway. Actually it was in between the house before ours and our house. Now this might not seem odd to anyone so let me tell you about our street. It's a relatively short, dead-end street and our house is almost at the end. There is a piece of land between our house and the house before ours which is all woods except for a strip of grass along the road, which Mike mows. I also need to tell you that we pretty much know every car that comes down our road, even if it belongs to a relative of someone that lives on the street. Now this vehicle was parked next to that woodsy area, up on the strip of grass which Mike mows. I didn't recognize the car so I slowed down to see who was inside - I could only see someone in the driver's seat who looked like they were kneeling on the seat, leaning into the back seat. As I turned into my driveway I could see the passenger back door was open and someone was standing there, leaning into the backseat. Since I am pretty much the reincarnation of Mrs. Kravitz from Bewitched (if you are too young to know who that is, Google or Bing it), this was killing me not knowing who they were and what the hell they were doing on my street, next to my house. So when I got in the house, I stood at the front door, staring at them to see what was going on...this was enough for Mike to go out there and yell to them "What are you doing?". I guess this startled one of the people, a guy, and he said "sorry" then ran into the woods to retrieve a dirty diaper he had thrown there! I assume the other person was the mother and they were there for quite some time. I was flabbergasted by this...who drives down a strange street and parks to change a diaper? And had they never changed a diaper before because it took an awfully long time to get the job done? There is a big BJ's plaza right down the street, with trash bins and everything. What kind of an example are they setting for their child, throwing trash wherever they feel like it...Mike didn't seem to think this was odd behavior at all, he said maybe they were on their way to a friend's house...I looked at him like he just changed into an alien. If you were on your way to a friend's house, wouldn't you just get the job done once you were there? And then, to throw the dirty diaper into the woods? Maybe this is the way they both grew up, with their own parents throwing trash all over residential neighborhoods. Mike said the guy probably threw it back into the woods after he came back in the house. I went for a bike ride later and I noticed they did leave some trash, right out on the grass in the open....now I'll have to go pick it up. I should have just gone over there last night, given them a plastic grocery bag and told them to put all their trash in there and leave on my front steps...would have saved myself the trouble.



No comments:

Post a Comment