Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Harry the Pig (Spider Pig)


I have to introduce you to Harry. Harry is the pet of my dear friend. She and her fiance moved into a house out in the "boonies" you might say and the house came with a barn. They actually found Harry in the mud next to the barn when he was just a wee small piglet - who doesn't love cute little piglets! They found out later he had actually been a gag gift brought to a birthday party to a distant neighbors house and had escaped. What a weird gag gift? Anyone want to explain that b/c I'm at a loss. Anyway, my friend takes in any long lost animal as it is, but they both decided Harry belonged with them. The barn was soon fixed up with a nice pen for Harry and he has been living like a king ever since. I believe that last time I got his stats he was around 350 pounds...but what a cutie! This photo is when he was much younger, but it's one of my favorites! His nickname is Spider Pig -like in the Simpsons movie. I also have a link to some more current video of Harry on You Tube. Feel free to leave messages for Harry through comments to this blog...I'll make sure he gets them!

1 comment:

  1. Harry will be so happy to hear the news that he's a superstar. I can't let it go to his head though because he'll expect to be treated like a star. I can picture it now, he'll be demanding buttermilk baths and his hooves buffed until they shine. No more mud for him, he'll demand a/c and better living accommodations!
    ~Joelle

    ReplyDelete