Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"I'll Take A Life Of Rushing Around...And Make It A Double!"

Now I realize that if you don't live in the Northeast United States, you may not completely understand this post. I know that it's mostly the Northeast area b/c I have travelled down the East coast, driven to Chicago, Upstate NY and the coast of CA. Nowhere else (OK, maybe Chicago) do you find people living their lives so fast they have to take pictures, not for the memories, but to remember what they did! We live fast, we drive fast, we eat fast and most of us have thought on more than one occasion that we really should slow it down; take time for ourselves and our families, take time to smell the proverbial roses. We might even make an attempt, but more often than not, we get right back into the stressful grind of rushing everywhere we go. Even when we are going somewhere that isn't that important and it doesn't matter what time we get there! Those that have succeeded in slowing down are the ones that have moved to Florida, the Carolinas, Texas and CA.
So I found myself in the grocery store this evening, directly after dinner - no time to relax, when I noticed a new product while in the check out line. It's pictured above. I'm not joking, this is a real product. Someone out there decided we are living fast enough, we aren't already doing 24 hours worth of stuff in 12 hours with the help of endless amounts of coffee, soda and plenty of energy drinks. We now have the option of adding caffeine to our breath mints! How convenient! On second thought maybe I need this product. I was complaining to a friend of mine today that I do much better if I exercise in the morning, but no longer have time. I get up at 530am as it is and refuse to get up any earlier. She asked why I didn't have time if I got up at 530am...note said friend does not have children. I explained the list of things I have to get accomplished from 530a-700a, one of which I said get my lunch together. She suggested I do that at night. Not a bad idea, but my nights are reserved for kitchen cleaning, school paper reading, laundry doing and bill paying....and it would only save me a few minutes in the morning. So maybe I should get up at 430a to exercise and then just eat a whole box of these mints when I fall asleep at my desk....what? It might work....

No comments:

Post a Comment