Thursday, January 29, 2009

Yummy Cake Batter Goodness!

OK, maybe this concoction is a bit over the top, but you get the idea...
ice cream on the "cold stone"

cake batter ice cream to go!


For anyone not familiar with Cold Stone Creamery, please do yourself a favor and find the store closest to you, and try it. Just once. This is like a gourmet ice cream shop. For anyone that is familiar with the Boston area, right in Fanieul Hall there used to be a place called Steve's Ice Cream. Quincy Market/Fanieul Hall used to be a favorite place to go for a day trip and it was not complete without some ice cream from Steve's Ice Cream. The reason? You pick the flavor ice cream you want - they put the scoop of ice cream on a piece of what looks like marble that is kept frozen somehow. Then you pick what you want added into your ice cream. Say you pick brownie. They put pieces of real brownie on the scoop of ice cream and then mash it into your ice cream until it is thoroughly mixed through. Well, Steve's is no longer there, but Cold Stone creamery does the same thing, only I think even better! We now have a Cold Stone about 10 minutes from my house...this is a very dangerous thing. First, it is expensive...but well worth it! Second, I can't even begin to imagine the fat and calorie content in this stuff...but really, ya just can't think about that when you go.


Now, my favorite ice cream is called cake batter ice cream. I usually get cookie dough and either Oreo, or brownie mixed in. I have no words to describe how good this is to me....and very filling...don't let the small fool you...it will be filling. Now I had a friend say they thought the ice cream was too sweet. I can't imagine that every flavor is too sweet...you can try a scrumptious little sample of the ice cream flavors before you pick, so you don't pick something you don't like...but, if you pick something, get stuff mixed in and still don't like it...they will make you something else! Win-win situation in my eyes! I usually just get my ice cream in a bowl, but they have waffle cones and waffle bowls. The cones and bowls come plain, dipped in chocolate or dipped in chocolate then sprinkled with any kind of nut or candy you can imagine. I personally don't like their cones...WHAT?!! Blasphemy! I know, I hate to say it, but I don't. The cones themselves have a cinnamon taste to them and I find it ruins the taste of the ice cream for me.
Let's not dwell on the bad...I enjoyed Cold Stone twice last week! I was just looking for images of cake batter ice cream (which I couldn't find), but I found pictures of Cold Stone ice cream to go! I never noticed the containers of ice cream at the store...I guess I just run from the door to the counter so I can order as fast as I can - nothing in between matters. But now that I found out I can take it home...hmmm....maybe not...I just had images of me eating the whole thing in one sitting because I couldn't stop and feeling sick to my stomach...would still be worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment