Friday, April 17, 2009

Lazy Bones

There has been a lot that I've wanted to comment on so wake up people, I'm going to be jumping around a bit here.

Let me start with a tribute to my oldest genius, Jamie. She is 12. She does not like to have to put physical effort into anything. She is proud of her crafty level of laziness. She is an A honors student, so how can we complain, right? She will deliberately put mental effort into how she can get out of physical effort...sometimes she is so good at it, it scares me..... Her clothes just pile up on the floor and under the bed; we will ask her to pick it up but it will sit there until I get mad I make her get down on the floor with me as I use a grabber to pull everything out from under the bed - all the while she is excited that I have found clothes that had magically "disappeared" weeks ago: "Oh I love that shirt! I was wondering where it was!" Then I realize she managed to get me to clean out under her bed. The other day she said something to me and I told her it should be her mantra. She said, "I like things near me so I don't have to move much". I just sat there in disbelief...

No comments:

Post a Comment