Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pet Peeve #19

Ok, the picture might be a little fuzzy, but make no mistake.....I am the turtle. Here's the situation: when I leave work every day, I have to drive about 1/2 mile before coming to a rotary. If you don't know what a rotary is, you are definitely missing out; it's quite an exciting bit of driving. Anyway, if there is no traffic, it takes approx. 1 minute to get from work to the rotary. However, when leaving at 5pm, you are competing with departing employees from quite a number of companies. About 1/2 way to the rotary, there is a small industrial park on the left, then about 25 feet before the rotary there is a large company on the right. Now, we all know the rule about letting people out into your lane of traffic, right? I mean, one of us, one of you, one of us, one of you....it's simple people! If everyone would just do this, we would have no problem. Of course this isn't the case so many nights when I leave work, the line of traffic is so bad, it takes 15-20 minutes just to go the short distance! Now when I have been waiting in traffic for 15-20 minutes and just as I'm getting up to the rotary, someone from that large company tries to get out in front of me....sorry, Buster, ain't gonna happen! Why should I have to wait so long, but you just get right out? Wait your turn! To my horror (and yes, I know it sounds like a road-rage lunatic, but I was horrified!) one night I managed to leave a minute early and got up to that large company and the car in front of me stopped to let out a car. At first I was like, OK, we didn't have much traffic to get here so what's waiting for one car to come out, right? Then my blood started to boil as this car decided to be Joe Generosity and let out every car that was waiting from that company!!! It was at least 10 or more cars! I can't repeat all the expletives I was screaming in my head.
Now just last night I was behind a Joe Generosity Jr. We got up to that industrial park on the left - and usually there aren't many people coming out of there - but the guy in front of me decided to let a car go in front of him, then another and another! So of course he filled my quota and I didn't let anyone go. Who do these people think they are? How do they know I don't have to get to daycare before 530p or I'm going to be paying 5$ for every minute I'm late? Do they think of these things? No, they just think of their lousy life and how if they just wait and let another car go in front of them, it will be one less minute spent in their dingy apartment watching TV from the worn recliner with the grease mark where their head has touched one too many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment