Saturday, May 9, 2009

Feel-Good Sites....

I know I have posted one of these on my blog before, but these are worthwhile so have a look:

When you go on this website, there is a large, purple button to click on. Don't worry, you're not going to start getting emails from them if you click on it, you won't get entered into anything, but you will help shelter animals stay healthy until they find their "forever home" and it costs you nothing. They actually have a pretty cool shop on this site as well and a portion of the profits go towards helping care for shelter animals. I personally like the dog bone paper clips, but so many cool things in this shop!

This site is very cool in that you get to play a game while donating rice to help feed hungry people...all while doing something to keep your brain juices flowing. Click on the link or copy it into your browser and it's pretty easy. You just keep answering questions and the more you get right, the more rice you donate. To the right of the questions, the site keeps a running tally of how much you have donated. There are 60 levels to the game and if you get one wrong, it will just give you an easier question; for each correct question, you donate 10 grains of rice. I know, I know, this doesn't sound like much, but it didn't take me long to get up to 1620 grains of rice...then again, I am a genius! Kidding! I only stopped because I needed to get to some other things but the main page tells you how much was donated yesterday and total to date that has been donated...pretty powerful numbers, I must say!
These last sites are to help you feel-good about yourself. As I get older I'm learning more and more how important it is to make time for yourself. It took me a long time to learn that you have to love yourself before you can love someone else, but I'm just learning that as part of loving yourself, it means taking care of yourself so that you can love others....holy crap I sound like a self-help book! Anyway, you know what I mean and here are two sites that I think can be helpful:
This site allows you to enter your zip code and find parks and events in your area. Maybe some you never even knew were in your own backyard!
This site can be helpful in making yourself accountable for getting in some much needed exercise if you don't already. I just signed up....I'll keep you posted. I'm trying to envision Obama logging in every day, keeping tabs, "Why didn't she exercise today? Maybe I should send her an email...I'll just wait and see if she get motivated tomorrow." I know, sounds ridiculous....but it's me we're talking about here....hi, have we met?
So do you think this makes up for, yet again, poking fun of my religion?

No comments:

Post a Comment