Saturday, May 23, 2009

I've Got A Secret....

I'm a weeping cherry tree about 12 years old...don't mind the unkempt ground beneath me...my caretakers are very busy and don't always have time to tidy up...I usually just stand tall, season after season....

But recently I've been hiding something pretty special...I have to say I feel quite honored that I was chosen, but I guess I do have the perfect hiding spot for....

A Robin's nest! My branches keep the nest safe from the elements for the most part, and it's just high enough out of sight so that the eggs remain undisturbed...

I think I've been doing too much gardening....I'm starting to think like my trees! At least the Robin's picked a better spot than last year...last year the nest was on Mike's ladder that was hanging on the side of the deck so we actually had to borrow our neighbor's ladder a few times so we didn't disturb the eggs!






No comments:

Post a Comment