Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Me First! Hummus, Hummus, Who's Got The Hummus!?

I keep meaning to post this before someone else does. This has happened to me a few times...I will be thinking about posting on something specific and I will read about it on another blog! The nerve of them! Anyway....this picture doesn't do this wonderful pasta salad justice. If you are like me (for so many reasons, start praying you're not)...you love, love, luv hummus! The first time I had hummus I was eating at a little restaurant in Sydney with my friend, Kath and they served it with pita bread wedges. Since then the need to constantly have hummus has only grown. Now you might want to sit down for what I'm about to tell you. I know I don't cook, but I made this up! You know as soon as I post this there will be people emailing me telling me they've been eating this since the dawn of time. I keep trying to think of new ways to incorporate hummus into my daily meals and here is one:

Cook a whole box of rotini or spiral pasta
In a separate bowl mix a few spoonfuls of hummus with a big dollop of creamy ranch or Caesar dressing - blend them together good.
Mix the dressing into the pasta.

Now this in itself is delicious, but I usually add cut up peppers and cucumbers, or chicken, or edamame, or tuna. Really it's quite versatile....don't I sound like Julia Childs?!

So if you like hummus, try it and let me know what you think! Unless you don't like it....I don't want to know...

No comments:

Post a Comment