Monday, June 8, 2009

Lordy, Lordy, Look Who's Forty....

ME! Yahoo! Yes, ladies and gents, as of yesterday, it has been 40 years that I have been gracing everyone with my presence! Too pompous? Would you rather I wallow in self pity about the fact that I'm now 40 and life is over? I didn't think so. The weirdest part of turning 40 is that I still feel like it was just a few years ago that I was in college...high school, even! Technically, I know this to be untrue, but mentally, I just can't seem to grasp this concept. It started in my early 30's....I spent the good part of a year telling people I was 32 and finally Mike had to tell me I was only 31. I really didn't care how old I was. I still don't, not yet anyway...I think this is because I don't feel like I've grown up yet...I look at other people who are 40 and their lives are so organized and smart....I still live in day to day chaos...I guess that's what I get for having a "live in the moment" attitude!
Well, as luck would have it, 3 of my very best friends and myself all turn 40 within days of each other. We've known each other since 6th grade...this is when Lauren would pipe in and remind us that she and Amy have known each other since like birth or something and Kris and I would concede they win for being friends the longest. Lauren had a celebration at her home recently, and I'm sure I will catch an earful for posting these pictures, but hey, I'm in there too and I HATE pictures of myself...so no complaining.

Lauren and her husband are the ultimate hosts - everything is always spot on and fantastic. This is Lauren pouring some drink we all had to try...I'm not sure who the older woman in the photo is, but she brought the bottle with the drink we all had to try....the thing Kris and I couldn't figure out is...she showed up with the bottle and it was already half gone?! We thought maybe she just got really thirsty on her way there....she is leaning to one side...
Lauren makes a mean sangria, of which I had many, many refills by the time this photo was taken...or maybe not, I don't remember...but this is me and Kris
Amy is still in Africa but will be home soon to continue our celebrating! Happy 40th my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment