Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Secret Belly Dancer's Club....

I recently had the good fortune to be able to spend a wonderful evening away with good friends celebrating our 40 years on this lovely earth. (Ok, by the look you're giving me you either can't believe I'm 40 or that I have good friends!) Three of us have known each other since 6th grade and the 4th, well she fits in so well it seems like we've known her that long. We talked about anything and everything...and it was that comfortable talk, when no one judged each other and we all made each other feel good....at least that's how I felt...the other three are probably reading this saying, "Shit, I feel bad now for talking about her after she left!".
Anyway, our group had a little initiation of the ever so important secret toe ring ceremony....and if you remember a blog I did waaaaayyy back with a photo of Bethany's feet...you could probably figure out which foot is mine....

This, of course, was after much good food and many, many raspberry lemon-tini's...don't leave home without them! And maybe some wine....and a beer or two...
But mostly it was about just taking the time to spend with one another and kind of rejuvenate our sisterhood. I only wish we could do it more often...just enjoy laughing and not have to explain what I'm laughing about to my 9 year old. Or go to the bathroom without someone knocking on the door the instant I've sat down. Or passing out and not have my kids trying to wake me up saying "Please get up mommy!"....kidding! Totally kidding!
These are some very special friends in my life...and I don't mean "special" as in...you know.....and why did I call this "The Secret Belly Dancer's Club"? I'll never tell....

No comments:

Post a Comment