Sunday, February 1, 2009

Saturday Night Live....

I grew up during a time when Saturday Night Live ruled...some of the best comedians were on this show or have come from this show. I don't think it has ever regained the popularity it once had, but I like to try to catch it now and then, as I did this past Saturday night. In case you have had your head stuck in the sand for the last 30 years and are not familiar with the show, they always have a musical guest. It has always been a mystery to me how this show can reign in musical guests such as U2 one week, and the next week have a relatively unknown band that spends 4 minutes screaming on stage. This past week, however, I was glad to be watching as I caught Jason Mraz. I'll be honest and say I have never heard of him - he could be a big star for all I know - but I have never heard of him. Then again, I hear most of the music I grew up with on the oldies station now...that hurts! Anyway, have a listen to this song...I think it's kind of long so you might want to run it in the background while you're doing something else. It kind of has a Bob Marley/Caribbean feel to it...it's nice and light - quite enjoyable. Wow...I never thought in my heavy metal/hard rock days that I would ever use "quite enjoyable" to describe anything, nevertheless music, that I would listen to!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYhrYHmUPn0

No comments:

Post a Comment