Friday, July 3, 2009

Here's Hoping For A Sunny 4th!

This is a photo of the flag cake Mike has made several times for 4th of July celebrations. Fairly simple (because I don't make it) yet still cool looking. Here in New England we are all just hoping to have some sun for tomorrow, July 4th. We have had rain almost every day since the end of May. I heard them say on the news that June was the 4th cloudiest month EVER...like in history...going back to the 1800's! Unfortunately for us, rain accompanied most of those clouds. We normally spend the 4th with my parents at their summer place which happens to overlook the Cape Cod Canal...very nice. Due to the economy, many fireworks have been cut out of town and city budgets, but apparently that doesn't hold true for Joe Citizen. Right now as I write, I am listening to one of my neighbors light up a small arsenal of fireworks. Anyhoo...I hope everyone is able to enjoy the day with family or friends, but also remember countries that are still struggling to have some kind of independence and realize how lucky we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment