Saturday, September 6, 2008

Now, For The Rest of The Story....

When I was younger there used to be an AM radio station that had a talk radio show that ended with..."and that's the rest of the story"...or maybe the guy said it at the beginning, but it was the shows catch phrase. Not sure why I remembered that b/c back then talk radio seemed less enjoyable than sticking needles in my eyes, but whatever....

I thought since I sometimes comment on newsy stories that I should update you on them...not sure why, but I was feeling this twinge of obligation today....I feel bad saying "people are dying, it's awful" and then just forgetting about it. So this will be quick and painless, I promise...

Girls from NJ stuck in Georgia...well lo and behold while I was busy dealing with my measly kidney stone crap, their Dad went to the country of Georgia and most likely b/c of the worldwide attention their story got, some diplomat helped them get through Russian check points and on Aug. 21st they were reunited with their Dad and were going to be flying home shortly after. Read more here:http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=6330483

Zimbabwe: still a mess...and the people of Zimbabwe are the ones losing out. I did read that Canada has joined the US and the EU in imposing sanctions against Zimbabwe - I'm sure there are many others on this bandwagon as well...

Twilight Series Books: I won't try to pretend, I don't remember what I said about it before - I think this an amazing book series...maybe it's just the sexual tension that resonates through every chapter as it takes you back to that first-love feeling....anyway I have been so caught up in my post Breaking Dawn depression since I was under the impression that the series was over, never again to have my thirst for Ms. Meyers writing satisfied again, that I have missed Stuff happening. I guess there was (is?) supposed to be a 5th book and she had already started writing it but the rough draft was leaked to the internet, which really pissed her off so she posted it to her own website and now she no longer feels like writing the book and it's on hold indefinitely! Wow...that was a really long sentence...that's what happens when I have a Mocha Swirl iced latte....so briefly I was excited to learn about the 5th book, but now sad that it may never be finished. I'm not sure if I want to read the rough draft or not.

Columbian Hostages: I got nothin'...sorry, I googled it and it's all old stuff.

Pregnant Man: Thomas Beatie made headlines earlier this year supposedly as the first man to be pregnant...but really he's a woman living as a man - he kept his female reproductive organs so I say he's a woman...anyway, she gave birth to a little girl and I was just reading a web article that goes on and on about how he used to be a man and the birth went fine and they saw a nurse walking out with a baby carrier, etc. etc. pretty normal stuff, right? Then right at the end they throw in this last paragraph,

"Beatie was impregnated with sperm from a donor. His wife, Nancy, inseminated him at home with a device she said was like a syringe without the needle. They bought it from a veterinarian and it is typically used to feed birds. "

What? Used to feed birds? Oh, what the hell...sperm, bird seed, what's the difference, right? That fact just seemed really odd and irrelevant to the story....

Hurricanes: Well as I said before....ha! that was a test to see if you were paying attention...I have yet to mention any of the hurricanes. I can hear Hanna outside right now and from what I hear Ike is making quite the devastating trail. Josephine petered out without affecting anyone. Just in case you were interested.

Olympics: I still want one of those light wheel bikes from the closing ceremonies. I think I have a slight insight into the mind of the typical man. They always want every power tool that comes along and they think about it all the time - the latest and greatest gadgets..they talk about it, whine about....then they finally get it....and just stand around and look at it. They even talk about all the things they are going to make with it...but it just sits and the story ends there. I have a feeling that would happen if I ever got one of those bikes....I would chew your ear off about how great it would be to have one, everyone would want to be me, etc. etc....then I would have people over just to oogle at it and I would just be happy that people would be jealous of my light wheel bike. Shut up, it could happen! Anywho, I emailed the Olympic committee to find out if they are for sale and how much they cost....I'll keep you posted.

OK boys and girls, bedtime for bonzo...I'm outta here...

No comments:

Post a Comment