Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Blabbity, Blabbity, Blab....

Wow, I didn't realize it had been so long since my last post...I guess that was a really long moment of silence!
Anyway, I'll post more later about what I've been up to, for now, I need to vent.
I follow a few blogs that I thought were interesting. One of them is dooce.com. She used to be funny, although was a bit too disgusting at times, but overall had a funny perspective on life. Then she wrote a book and does all these speaking engagements. Then I saw her on ...either the Today show or Good Morning America. They said it was reported she made over $40K A MONTH! doing her blog! I was all...WHAT! Seriously, I can blog better than her! But then again, she hires people to make her website all fancy shmancy, etc. I still followed. Then she got pregnant. There is nothing worse than having to read every detail of someone's pregnancy AND see pictures of the progress! So I stopped following her. Every once in a while I'll take a peek at the blog to see if there is anything interesting...pictures of the perfectly decorated baby's room that most of us couldn't afford...more pictures of her getting bigger. Then she finally had the baby...thank f@#%&ng God! Things might finally get back to normal on her site. No such luck. Only worse. Now people can read about baby poop and spit up and breast feeding!
Now comes the parts that aggravated me. She was telling the story of her labor and how she had decided to have natural child birth because she read these books about home birthing, etc. She couldn't go as far as home birthing, but wanted to do the natural birth so hired a doula or something like that. Then goes on to say how wonderful it was blah, blah blah. To make things worse, there are all these comments from people saying "Oh you're so inspiring", "Thank you for sharing your story"...I'm all like, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME????" MILLIONS OF WOMEN GIVE BIRTH NATURALLY ALL THE TIME AND WE DON'T HAVE TO HIRE SOMEONE TO HELP US!" I gave birth to two children without the help of drugs or anesthesia and really, it was NO BIG DEAL! I still don't understand what you have to hire someone for in this process anyway? Whatever, I got over it. So today I checked her site and she told her readers how FORBES has named her #26 on the list of 30 most influential women in media!!!! You have got to be kidding????????????!!!!!!! I guess I'm doing something wrong because that just seems wrong...UGH...let me go crawl under a rock and contemplate all of this....

No comments:

Post a Comment