Monday, July 27, 2009

Get Your Head Out Of The Clouds....Or Not?

We have admittedly had way more wet weather than we deserve here in New England. We've hardly had a summer at all, as far as this area is concerned. Instead of people opening their pools at the end of May/beginning of June, most people were taking their first dips mid-July. We did have a few weekend days that turned out to be beauties and I was blessed to be able to sit poolside and fully enjoy them. When I was young, I can remember laying on the lawn with my two neighborhood girlfriends and just watching the clouds go by. Why do we stop doing these things? Uh, Karen, hello....the neighbors, they might see us...grown adults, laying on our lawns staring at the sky....and maybe they will think we are drunk or have lost our minds? That's too bad because I think we all need to refresh the kids in us once in a while....and it doesn't have to involve margaritas!

Just look at this crisp, blue sky!
OK, I know there are no clouds yet, although you can see one peeking through the trees...

This was my view most of the few weekend days we have had so far that have been nice...
Then the lazy clouds start to roll by....




















Aren't they great? Now the next one is from yesterday. We spent the day at Canobie Lake Park in New Hampshire (an amusement park) and there was a small storm that rolled through just before we left.
So when we exited the park, we were treated to this magnificent sight:

Since I don't have photoshop, please ignore the vast space above the rainbow and the car clutter below...although it does kind of put it into context.

Speaking of storms, in between the nice days, we had many stormy days. We had one storm, in particular, that scared the bejesus out of me. I really thought it was going to turn into a twister right above my neighborhood:
That is a really dark cloud on top and much lighter clouds on the bottom....








I was ready to pack up the family and head for the hills...although funny how that didn't stop me from standing outside to take pictures of it!


So take some time to lay on your lawn and watch the clouds...except the storm ones, especially if it's thundering and lightening. Don't worry about what your neighbors will think...just don't do it naked or anything...then we all just have to walk away whistling, pretending we don't know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment