Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Let's Have A Moment Of Silence...

Today was the public Memorial service for Michael Jackson. I know, I know, you're probably all sick of hearing about him, but let me be serious for a minute. As much as he may have seemed to turn into a freak later in his life, the guy knew music and boy did he have the moves. I, like most of us, had to work all day so I couldn't watch the two hour memorial service that was broadcast over every TV station out there. I called home and asked very nicely if someone could DVR it for me. After Mike and the girls drew straws to see who would have to walk downstairs to actually push a button, Mike called back to say it was recording. I didn't want to miss one minute. People around me at work were getting updates about it, and when it was over they said the end was a tear-jerker and I heard one say his daughter spoke. So tonight, while I sat on the couch watching the recording, I couldn't wait until the end. Guess what? Mike stopped the recording BEFORE IT ENDED!!!!! Oh yeah, missed like the last 15 minutes of it! Thank God for You Tube, right? Anyway, my thoughts on the service...Jennifer Hudson's performance and Brooke Shields eulogy were the best parts. I had to keep reminding myself that this was a memorial service, not an awards ceremony, everytime I would get tired of hearing the different Reverends summons the Almighty and the fans yelling out they love Michael.
With that being said, I have to share a thought by one of my co-workers today. Before the service was under way, a few people were talking about it and he proposed "What if this was the start of his tour? Everyone gets into the Staples Center, ready for a memorial service, and instead they have the best seats to his first concert?" I thought that would be AWESOME! No one but Michael Jackson could ever pull anything like that off...I mean to dupe all those people and then come out swinging...that would be the best comeback EVER!
Instead we will keep trying to do that moonwalk....

No comments:

Post a Comment