Friday, July 24, 2009

Real Wives of The Middle Class....

So it has occurred to me that almost everyone has a reality show of their own. I think I could have my own reality show and people would watch. I've always been intrigued with the "reality" shows. I remember that first season of Survivor. I watched faithfully. I don't remember which ones came next, but there was Big Brother, The Osbournes and I'm sure I'm not even remembering many of them, but once the family ones started, it seemed everyone was on board. Gene Simmons family had one, there was one with a supposedly famous punk rocker guy, but I had no idea who he was, there were/are? a couple with famous skateboarders...but the real kicker, I mean the one that made me say, OK, if they can do it, so can I...was "Tori and Dean". Tori Spelling and her husband. I suppose people watch them, as with many of them, to see how famous people live behind closed doors. I guess that's why I was watching...and because it's repeat season for CSI and Desperate Housewives and there was really NOTHING else on any of the 5000 channels we get. I mean it. Nothing. OK, maybe I was watching because I wanted to see their flaws. I wanted to know that they aren't perfect. Boy did I get what I was looking for! Why would they show her husband passing gas on national TV? I don't think we needed to go that far.
So the cameras can zoom in on my alarm clock going off at 5:15am and me hitting snooze until it's about 5:45am. Then there's plenty of action getting myself and the two girls ready and out of the house by 7:30am. There's some heartwarming yelling and screaming to get our days started! Then they could follow me to work and watch the camaraderie around the coffee maker as we all load up on caffeine to get through the day. The cameras would hardly be able to catch the dust as I ran out the door at 5pm, only to sit in traffic to get home. Evenings would be a real treat. That's when all the action happens. One night it could be running errands after dinner and arguing with the girls that they are not buying something at the store, another night it could be arguing with the girls about going to bed. Oh, and we have the garden, so people could watch us picking the veggies from our garden and then cooking the veggies. Then when the kids are finally in bed, around 9pm-ish, ok make that 10pm...the cameras could watch me doing laundry, cleaning the kitchen, paying bills and finally getting to bed around midnight. I think people would watch. I think rich people would watch to feel good about themselves and laugh at what a pitiful life we have...and I think poor people would watch and end up realizing we're not so different. I don't think I could fart on TV though, sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment