Wednesday, November 19, 2008

All I Want For Christmas Is A Pretzel...

Don't these look scrumptious? Well they are and I know you won't believe me (especially anyone who knows me) but I made them! Why am I a pretzel-baking fool, you ask? Christmas, that's why. Huh? Do you believe there are a couple of radio stations where I live that started playing Christmas music after HALLOWEEN!?! That has to be against some law somewhere. Anyway, once I hear the Christmas music, I start thinking about Christmas shopping (I swear this ties into the pretzels soon) and what am I going to get everyone...ugh. Things are really tight this year in the financial department, as with so many others out there, so I decided we are going to make gift baskets of home-made goodies for everyone! So I've been trying some recipes to see what works and what doesn't. The pretzels are a definite YES! I made the dough in my breakmaker - takes about 10min to add the ingredients, then you push a button and let it run for 2 hours. The hardest part was shaping the dough into pretzel shapes!
I plan on making some cookies, some chocolate and maybe some little cakes as well. We'll see how ambitious I get. I think people will appreciate the love that went into it...wait, did I really just say something so sappy? I just think the gift giving can get out of control. My boss put it into perspective the other day; he said his family runs around getting gift cards for each other because they feel they have to get each other something, but really they're just swapping gift cards. What's the point? So go bake some pretzels and get ready for the holidays....low-key style!

No comments:

Post a Comment