Wednesday, November 5, 2008

White Noise

Head....hurts....election....over...
.........must.....rest.....brain.......
(queue white noise).....ahhh, much better.....
After Bethany had a shower this morning I went into the bathroom to find that she had written "OBAMA" in the fog-covered window.....
Thoroughly enjoyed watching the election returns come in last night - it was amazing to witness such an historic election....but one thing was bothering me and it's so petty I'm almost ashamed to bring it up...almost.....
If I knew there was a possibility that my husband might be elected President in one of the most historic elections of our time...one that nations all over the world would be watching...I think I would make sure that I looked INCREDIBLE...I mean if I needed plastic surgery I'd do it - think about it, the whole world is going to have their eyes on you....WHAT THE HELL WAS MICHELLE OBAMA WEARING LAST NIGHT!!!???? What the hell was it? I actually said outloud to the dogs, "Are you kidding me? She couldn't find anything more flattering to wear than that?"....they, in turn, stared at me as if to say, "Did you say food?" because that's pretty much all they think about.

So today I realized why I like the fact that I was brought up not to discuss politics. Sometimes you might get into a harmless discussion with a friend about an election issue or even overhear people discussing issues and once their opinions have been spoken, there is no going back. The problem with this is a few times I have heard peoples opinions on certain issues and I'm totally taken aback that they think the way they do and now I think they are idiots. My whole view of them changes. Silly, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment