Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight.....

Well, I and a few friends went to see the long-anticipated movie, Twilight on opening night this evening. First I want to comment on the general experience at the theater and the valuable things I learned for future opening night movies. Granted, the book this movie is based on is categorized as a book for "young adults" so we kind of figured there would be plenty of 13-18yr old in the crowd - note to self: next time take the day off and go to the morning show. All of us being past the "lets go out and party afterwards" age decided the 730p show would be a good time for us...completely forgetting that this is prime time for 13-18 yr olds - see previous note to self. Once the lights go out, you're engrossed in the movie so it doesn't matter who is in the audience, right? Wrong. The first scene that shows Edward, the main male character, the theater burst out in spontaneous teenage swooning! Ugh...I feel old. Periodically throughout the movie swooning would break out, but the worst, was by far, when the father of Bella, the main female character, yells after her once she has left on a date with Edward, "You have protection?"...I thought the theater was going to come crashing down with all the giggling. When the main characters share their first kiss some lovely child from the front row yelled out "Do it" and the giggling returned. Then during the final, crucial action scene, the sound went out in our theater...we were in disbelief! So the experience in the theater took away from the movie for me a bit. I did really enjoy the movie, it kept closely to the story in the book, I just would have enjoyed it more without all the distractions.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer. Definitely do the matinee next time. I haven't been to a night-time movie in a very long time for that reason. The last time I went to the movies (by myself on a day off), it was me and one other person in the theater. You can put your feet up...it's wonderful and cheaper!
    ~Joelle

    ReplyDelete