Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Mmmm. That right there, my friends, is one of the main reasons I love Thanksgiving. Pie. It's the pinnacle of the day for me. Once I've had my slice of heaven, the day is done and it's nap time! Actually we usually end up playing a big family game of cribbage or Mexican train, with the adults being far more into it than the children. I thought it would be only fitting on the eve of Thanksgiving to review what I'm thankful for.....here we go:
I'm thankful for:
  • The obvious - the wonderful meal on Thanksgiving Day that I get to share with family.
  • My sense of humor - I'm still able to find humor in almost anything
  • The fact that I haven't grown up yet - and still have no intention to
  • ice cream....ok, so I really like ice cream...someone has to be thankful for it, right?
  • A husband who can fix almost everything I break, really quite a big job
  • My love of reading and that I have passed that on to my children
  • Being unable to cook - I haven't figured out why, but I know someday I will be thankful for this...
  • Living in a place that has 4 seasons because this means I don't have to worry about the lawn/garden for at least a few months out of the year,
  • ice cream....I'm REALLY thankful for ice cream
  • Having children to test my patience almost every day...yes, I still have some
  • Pets who eat everything that is dropped on the floor, food or not, giving me a break from housework
  • Friends who really know me and still want to be my friend
  • And ice cream...oh, did I already say that?

Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment