Monday, February 16, 2009



Happy belated Valentine's Day! I had quite an enjoyable day on the 14th. We normally take the girls out for Valentine dinner every year. This year, however, our oldest daughter had a birthday slumber party to go to...who has a birthday party on Valentine's Day? Better yet, what parents want to encourage a houseful of children on Valentine's Day? turns out, the girls birthday is Valentine's Day so I guess it was appropriate. Anyway, Jamie had to leave in the afternoon so Valentine dinner had to be moved to Valentine lunch. We have been trying to eat at one of the new Red Robin restaurants since they came around our area about a year ago, but every time we attempt it, the amount of people waiting to get in rivals the lines at WalMart on Black Friday...so we just drive on by. This time we had a plan...or at least Mike had a plan. We would get there when it opened at 11am...in like Flynn. We didn't eat breakfast so we'd all be nice and hungry for our first Red Robin gourmet burger experience. The closest Red Robin to us is at the new Patriot Place at Gillette Stadium so we headed out and literally walked up to the front doors of the place just as they were unlocking them. Cringe. I felt kind of funny...but within 1/2 hour the place was packed. Really good burger...I had one called the Royal something or other. Regardless, it had enough calories to keep my body going until mid-week! Did you know they offer bottomless fries? We all had a great meal...we got home with just enough time for me to have a nice little nap before taking Jamie to her party. It was like Thanksgiving! I stuffed myself and then had a nap! We don't really exchange gifts, Mike and I. We usually get the girls the current Valentine webkinz and just cards for each other. I got him one shaped like a heart - only because it played the song "I swear" when you opened it. Unfortunately Mike didn't remember that was the last song we danced to at our wedding. Oh well, my parents came over for dinner and we ended up playing Wii bowling with them. Lots of laughs and overall a really great day. Hope yours was as well : )

No comments:

Post a Comment