Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's My Blog...And I'm Bragging


Yes, I know I brag about my kids, but what parent doesn't, right? I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who listen to me go on and on about how smart my kids are and always get A's and A+'s and blah, blah, blah. They probably think I embellish their accomplishments and roll their eyes behind my back (ok, maybe that was a bit on the paranoid side...story for another time!)...well I'm here to tell ya, people, I have proof! Jamie came home two weeks ago with this official-looking envelope and a few official-looking letters inside. She has been recognized by the United States Achievement (she definitely doesn't take after me, I just had to look up how to spell that!) Academy as a National Honor Student! Ok, now, settle down...enough of the "Ooooh's" and "Aahhhh's"....once you've had a chance to think about it, what that hell does that mean? Obviously it's quite an honor to be recognized for academics...but I had never heard of this "United States Achievement Academy"...so I googled it. It seems to be an organization whose sole purpose is to recognize smart kids and offer them a chance for grants and scholarships. And it says it will look good on their college application...I'll take it! We get a nice hardcover yearbook with Jamie's photo and stats in it. I promise I'll take a pretty picture when we get it so you can all drool over it...

No comments:

Post a Comment