Monday, February 16, 2009

If It's Free, It's For Me....

Howdy folks and welcome to the next installment of "helpful Hints and websites"! Today's websites are all about saving money, and who out there in this economy can't use some ideas on saving money?
OK, so the first website www.swapathome.com looks rather interesting. I like the idea of posting items for free and receiving items for free (ok, really you pay with virtual coupons, but they're not real, so really things are free), you just have to pay the shipping. While the website is set up nicely and I did look through some items, I think I prefer www.freecycle.org because on this site you join your local group and everything is pick up locally - no postage involved. Two other swap-type sites, www.swapace.com and www.swaptree.com were listed in the same article, but I didn't find either of these sites very enticing - I saw an apartment in Sydney, Australia listed for $670,000.00AU on one of these sites. No bargain there!
Lastly for today's installment I read about some interesting ideas on saving money on www.thriftyfun.com. It was one of those things where I clicked on the headline "Cut cable with Hulu.com" which led to another article about saving money on www.tiphero.com which led to other articles, and so on, and so on. Definitely some money saving tips on thriftyfun.com although you may have to search around for what you are looking for...in the end it might just be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment