Sunday, December 21, 2008

Don't Make Me Laugh at Church!

Why is it that I find so much blog fodder at church? Is that bad? Well today we had the pleasure of having to get up extra early on a Sunday to go to the 8:15am mass because Bethany was in the Christmas pageant that was held immediately following the service. The 8:15am mass also happens to be the mass that my parents attend, as well as many of their friends. Actually, I don't think there is a mass that I could attend that there wouldn't be people who know my parents, or even better, knew my grandparents - my Memere and Pepere. My Memere especially was well known in the community, not just the church community. There are still some of her friends or people who knew her that will say Hi to me. Even more so are all the people who know my parents and are friends with my parents. It's a lot of pressure for me to try to act like a responsible adult every time I'm in church. Thankfully my Mom and Dad have a great sense of humor and they aren't the type to "shush" people in church. Today My Dad and I were lucky enough to have aisle-view seating to the serial breast feeder. Towards the end of the sermon she whipped it out to try to feed the child; the child, however, was not interested so the show ended quite abruptly, almost at the same time the rather short sermon ended. My Dad leaned over to me and said "That was quick"....to which I asked, "What? The sermon or the feeding?"....he laughed...but I was serious!

No comments:

Post a Comment