Tuesday, December 30, 2008

First Night...Wherever You Are...

I love watching the First Night celebrations on TV. This photo is from First Night in Boston, I think last year. All the lit up trees around Quincy Market, then the Marriott Longwharf and the fireworks over the harbor. I'm not a fan of being there in person, I don't think I've ever gone in person. I usually watch the "Rockin' New Years Eve" from Times Square...but my favorite part is when they show when it reached midnight at different places around the world. I especially look for Sydney, Australia, since I used to live there, but I love seeing other places around the world as well. We usually spend it at a small family gathering, although this year with a snowstorm getting ready to hit only hours before festivities usually begin, I have a feeling we will have a quiet, yet festive, time at home. Whatever your plans may be, I wish you all the best for the coming year and to be safe. We all know New Year's Eve is Idiot Driver Holiday - they come out in droves so beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment