Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Fa La La La La....Hey, Where'd Everyone Go?

This is an ornament I got from a friend (thanks, Kathy!) many years ago and it's one of my favorites. I'm not sure why, maybe it's the Victorian Santa look? Anyway, I realized this year that all of our ornaments are now all special ornaments. By this I mean, we originally started with a ton of colored ball ornaments 13 years ago and now we have no colored ball ornaments. Each ornament means something to us - you know the ones I mean. There are the ones the kids made you still have no idea what it is but you have to put it on the tree anyway. Ones with the kids names or pictures on them, all the "my first Christmas", "my 3rd Christmas", etc. Each year the kids get to buy one new ornament as well. And of course old ornaments from when Mike and I were young. I decorated our Christmas tree last night, and it's just not the same anymore. When I was little we would decorate the tree, sing Christmas carols while my Mom played the songs on a little plastic organ we had and we thought it was great....after my Dad finished his outbursts over the tangled lights that no longer worked, of course! Last night my older daughter apparently doesn't think it's cool anymore to help hang ornaments and since it was a weeknight Mike is in bed early...so it was me and Beth...until she heard her sister having a snack upstairs and making sure she didn't miss out on any good snacks took precedence over ornament hanging. That's OK, I'll make them all sing some carols Christmas morning before they are allowed to open any presents :)

No comments:

Post a Comment