Wednesday, December 31, 2008

This was my street at 1:15pm today - you can't even see where the street is! The only way you can tell there is a street there is because there are mailboxes on either side.
OK, so did you see the pretty picture I posted yesterday? Beautiful fireworks over Boston for First Night? Yeah, that's not going to happen this year. See the photo above? This was my drive home from work today. This is a 2 lane major state highway....ya know, usually doing 70 mph? This was at 12:30pm today...one lane was barely there and the other lane was invisible. The door locks on my car lock automatically when you reach a certain speed, I think it's 20 mph. My doors didn't lock until I was halfway home! I was so happy to be home, I know it's New England and I grew up here so I'm used to it, but I really hate driving in it. There are so many idiots out there who don't know how to drive in snow and ice and end up causing accidents. Like the guy in the truck who decided to change lanes and cut the car in front of me off...obviously forgot the braking rules when driving..YOU HAVE NO BRAKES, IDIOT! I think it stopped snowing about an hour ago and there's only 10 inches or so, but needless to say the usual family get together for New Year's is called off and we are staying if for family night....it could get ugly. I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year's eve!



No comments:

Post a Comment