Wednesday, October 22, 2008

And the World Kept Turning.....

This morning was another stellar morning in my household. For whatever reason I have been unsuccessful in getting my 8 yr old up in the morning. We really need to be out of the house by 7:30 am, 7:45 the latest. I have tried different tactics, all to no avail. This morning was no different and she even argued what she seemed to think were very good reasons she did not get out of bed when I pleaded with her. Eventually she made her way to the shower and started her day. I, meanwhile, am ironing my clothes, making my lunch, trying to pick up the house a little and even managed to make myself a very yummy coffee to take to work.

Now I have to pause here and explain about the coffee. Some time ago I got hooked on Honey Dew's Mocha Madness, which is just 1/2 coffee and 1/2 chocolate milk. However, I got hooked on having that wonderful chocolate flavor in my coffee and found I couldn't do without it. So, at work I started adding coffee to a package of sugar-free hot chocolate. At home I use whatever I have, either the hot chocolate or the chocolate milk. I managed to get a few people hooked on what we have dubbed "the chocolate coffee".

So this morning I had chocolate milk and managed to make my coffee taste just perfect. I set it aside after taking one sip from my travel mug due to my presence being requested for a fashion check. Since we were running late, as usual, I advised Bethany she would need to have a granola bar for breakfast and I headed for the bathroom to finish getting ready for work. As I walked away, Bethany was not shy about her unhappiness with the breakfast option I gave her and decided to take matters into her own hands. From the other room I heard yummy coffee splattering over every lower kitchen surface, followed by yet another call for Mommy.

It was not long after I finished wiping my yummy coffee from the inside surface of cabinet doors that I realized I should have taken a picture of the mess so everyone could get a good chuckle out of it....I guess at the time I couldn't really see it as something to chuckle at.

Bethany advised she had been trying to get the cereal on top of the fridge when the accident happened and now she was going to starve. I apologized to Bethany after advising her that if Mommy keeps being so late and loses her job b/c the economy sucks and has no money to buy food....THEN she will starve. Blink, blink...."what do you mean, Mommy?"

So I'm sneaking in her room tonight with a big-ass alarm clock that will be sitting across the room from her bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment