Sunday, October 19, 2008

Consistency Has Not Been My Fortay....

While I have previously been known to hit a rhythm, posting blogs every day or so, recent events have thrown my world out of whack, so to speak. My apologies to those who actually look forward to my quiet musings of the mundane.

We honestly have not had a chance to stop and breathe since we returned from Disney World...and that was about 3 weeks ago! This past week finally allowed the genius twins to finally catch up on all their school projects that our FL trip made more difficult for them and ease the guilt a bit that we felt for causing the whole situation.

Today they we returned to the routine of CCD and church (last week was the long, Columbus Day weekend...no CCD, and we were away so no church). I have to say I couldn't wait to see if the serial breastfeeder (see previous blogs) was going to be there and I was a bit disappointed when we walked into church and the first pew was empty. I still insisted we sit farther towards the back of the church so we would get used to it. Good call on my part b/c not 2 minutes later Mr. and Mrs. Serial Breastfeeder came in with their 4 sons and baby. For the first part of mass I was excited b/c the baby was now drinking from a bottle! Yes, I thought! We are in the clear! The baby was then munching on some baby crackers quite happily and life in church was finally going to return to a breast-free environment......hold the phone! It was not to be....sure enough, about 15 minutes before communion, she whipped them out and commenced feeding. Ughh. At least now I get to see the reaction of all the people around her from my new vantage point without having to endure the view myself!

Also today was supposed to have been Bethany's last game for cheerleading. I almost had to force her to go...she's really ready to be done with it. I got there, settled into the bleachers with two other mother's I normally sit with and we began our normal catching up. Now we had missed 2 weeks - one due to Bethany's need to work on catching up with all her school projects, and last week b/c we were away and for some reason it seems to me that there shouldn't be games on Holiday weekends. I was now informed by my friends that not only was this not the last game b/c we have a make-up game next weekend, but our team made the playoffs so we will be playing into November! Yikes...it was really cold today!

No comments:

Post a Comment