Saturday, October 4, 2008

I'm Unprepared For The World Of Cheer

So one of the reasons we haven't had 5 seconds to slow down is because Bethany is in the middle of the Pop Warner cheerleading season. Her coach wasn't too happy that we pulled her out for vacation and she missed 4 practices right before their competition! I guess I don't blame her, but I'm just now starting to realize how serious some people are about this whole cheerleading thing. I, myself, have always been anti-cheerleader ever since high school. We (my group of friends) didn't really like the cheerleaders. It wasn't really that we were jealous, it was more b/c the cheerleaders were snobby and acted as though everyone else needed to revolve around them...at least most of them. I'm not sure how it came to pass that my daughter is now a cheerleader - I think I had a weak moment and was thinking purely of the exercise she would get. Beth's had practices every other day since we got home and today was the "exhibition" as it's called. I have to say, all the teams look so cute in their uniforms and most people could care less if they make mistakes or not....but there are some cheer wackos out there for sure. And I'm not one of them....I know what you were thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment