Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I Couldn't Possibly Eat After What I Just Saw....

Never thought I wouldn't have the stomach to go up and get Communion, but it happened. This past weekend my girls and I returned to the weekend routine of spending our entire Sunday morning attending CCD and mass....I say this because unlike good Catholics, we do not attend mass from May (when CCD ends) until Sept (when CCD begins...see a trend here?). I have no problem with this but I'm not going to get into why now....

So we're sitting in mass, not in the front row this time b/c my Mom got there before us and saved the 2nd row - Bethany had a word with Grammy about this and let her know that in the future if she insisted getting there ahead of us and the front row was open, she had better take it - and shortly after mass began I realized the serial breast feeder was sitting across the aisle from us in the front row. I refer back to my original blog on this: http://thoughtsfrommylittlecorner.blogspot.com/2008_04_01_archive.html
My Mom said they thought her family had gone to a different church b/c she hadn't seen them in a while...probably like us, they hadn't been to mass all summer. Anyway, shortly before Communion, she whips out the boob and begins to let her young toddler "feed". I guess I feel if the woman wasn't 300 lbs and there was way too much boob being exposed, it might not be so bad...but also, she really needs to be in the back of the church. Even if the woman was skinny, I don't think they should be in the front row! Bethany did not see the events happening across the aisle, but Jamie caught an eyeful and looked at me as if to say, "Holy Crap! Do you see that?!". So now I feel like on Sunday if I go into church and she is there in the front row, I should go up to her and say, "Excuse me, will you be sharing booby visuals today? If so, I will park it as far away as possible". I asked a few friends who breast fed when their children were babies and my friend Kris said it beautifully, "Jesus knows you inside and out- the rest of the congregation doesn't need to as well".

No comments:

Post a Comment