Friday, October 31, 2008

This wasn't tonight, but these are my kids costumes and my Dad in the middle. This was from the Halloween camping weekend a few weeks ago. (Rick, if you see my Dad, you'll have to say something about his costume...he'll be trying to figure out how the hell you saw it!) Anyway, this could have been us tonight, except that my older daughter, Jamie, decided she is too old to go trick or treating with us and the cool thing to do is to go over her friend's house to trick or treat with her family. So she kind of had a surrogate Halloween family...which probably works out better for Jamie b/c I'm sure her friends' Mom wasn't constantly trying to steal her candy! No, it was just me and Beth and we didn't go out for long b/c she wanted to get home to give out candy! I don't know about you, but not once in all my years, did I want to give out candy....not even as an adult! Getting candy was always the priority of the evening! Once Bethany was done making the rounds, we sat on our front steps with the big bowl of candy and she did all the work. Not that we had many kids...our street was noticeably quiet this year compared to previous years. Which, of course, left lots of time in between to eat the candy that we were obviously going to have left over.

Well, I hope everyone had a nice, safe Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment