Monday, March 23, 2009

Cell Phone Coupons, Online Zen And More!

So I realize I took a little break here, but I was on furlough last week...which I thought would mean I would have more time to post some good stuff...however, my inner domestic diva was out of control! It was my daughter, Jamie's birthday on St. Patrick's Day (ugh how I wish I could have held her in just a few more hours and she would have been born on the 18th!)...we are not Irish at all, but even I grew up celebrating march 17th in a big way....I can't even imagine if my birthday was on St. Patrick's Day. OK, let's not think about when she is older just yet! Anyway, she turned 12 and had a birthday slumber party with 7 other girls. I spent most of the week doing laundry, cleaning, baking and yes, even cooking! nothing fancy, of course, because we all know I can't cook! Anyway, WAY too much drama with 8 - 12 yr olds running around. Never do that again!
The serial breast feeder made a surprise appearance at mass this past Sunday and sadly, there was no breastfeeding involved. Oddly, the baby really doesn't look like it has grown since last year...I'm glad I didn't have to witness any breastfeeding, however I never get tired of watching unsuspecting church-goers expressions when it happens...in the front pew! You realize I'm going to get reprimanded by several people at church for this posting now...you think I'm joking!

Moving right along, I have a couple of fun sites and a couple of frugal sites. It's all about options today...what's you're mood? Fun or frugal?
FUN SITES:
The things we can do with our cell phones these days!
www.cellfire.com - once you sign up for free, you can download coupons onto your cell phone, then bring them up when you are at the store and they just scan the code on your cell phone screen! The site has a section where you tell it what model cell phone you have, and it will tell you where to go on your phone to download their application! It's free, however you will probably incur data charges - so it recommends use with unlimited data plans.

Bad memory? Call Jott at 866-JOTT-123 and dictate your reminder - the service types it up and sends it to you as a text msg at the time you tell it to - service is free, text msg rates apply.

This is kind of funny because it seems useless, but I can picture drunk people using it. I have not tried this, so don't hold it against me if you try it and it doesn't work. If you hear a song on the radio that you want to know the name of, dial 866-411-SONG and hold the phone up to the music - the service identifies the song and sends you a text msg with the details. This costs 99 cents per song or you can sign up at www.411song.com for bigger plans.

No GPS? Dial DIR-ECT-IONS (347-328-4667) and tell them where you are and where you want to go and they will send you a text msg with turn by turn directions! Service is free, long distance charges may apply.

Want to feel less stressed? Or at least that's what I read about this site: www.myinnerworld.com. I did register, it took a few minutes and there is nice, relaxing music to listen to while you are exploring your inner self, but I found some of the stuff a little hokey. I did find some tips on feng shui (or however you spell it!) since that interests me, but I'm not sure how much I'll actually visit the site.

A quick read...read of your color that is! www.colorstrology.com lets you know your color based on the month you were born and gives a short couple of paragraphs on what it says about you.

Coupon crazy? I read a heartwarming story about the 2 women who started this website so I thought I would try it out: www.hotcouponworld.com. I found some coupons, but it was downhill once I tried to print them out. I had to download a special application just to print them out and then it wouldn't work anyway so I had to uninstall it. That frustrated me enough for today. Although they also have a website www.organicgrocerydeals.com that looked a little more promising....I just needed to shut down so you can check it out for me and let me know if it's worth it...thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment