Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Texting For Idiots....

Now even though I have this fancy blog, believe it or not, I'm not all that tech savvy. I know, I know, it's hard to believe, but it's true. This goes for all kinds of gadgets in the tech realm. For example, I think I was the last one on earth to get a cell phone that had a camera on it...I thought I was so cool. But my biggest downfall has to be texting. At first, I didn't understand what the point of texting was. I mean, just pick up the phone and talk to the person! It would take me 1/2 an hour to type on my tiny little cell phone buttons what I could say in 30 seconds! Really, please...just call me! Texting seemed like it was for the "younger" crowd...every time I saw someone under the age of 30 their fingers were flying over the cell phone buttons like some magical wizards. Every once in a while they would pause, maybe laugh, then the dancing thumbs would begin again. Then it hit me. The reason texting is so popular is because it's the adult version of passing notes in class! When do people text 90% of time? During meetings when they are not supposed to be making calls, at their desks when they shouldn't be making personal calls, during movies, dinners and all kinds of other situations that see talking on a phone as rude. Right? Well, for those "texters" out there....if us "non-texters" catch you texting during any of these times....it's still RUDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment