Monday, March 16, 2009

What A Bunch of Know-It-All's....

So I'm home on furlough this week...can't remember if I mentioned this previously that the company I'm working for has done layoffs and everyone who is left (thankfully I'm one of them) must take 2 weeks furlough...this is one of my weeks. While it will really hurt when I don't get a paycheck for this week....I have a long list of projects I've wanted to tackle but never have the time - unfortunately I don't realistically have time for all of them. Top of my list was to do something special for each of the girls this week and seeing as I'm not usually able to go to any school activities, I thought I would help out at each of their classes one day this week. Bethany, my 8 yr old, was thrilled and couldn't wait. Jamie on the other hand grew wide-eyed and thought I was joking...no she wanted nothing to do with me being at her school....I guess I would have been embarrassed in 6th grade too. So today I spent the afternoon with Bethany's class. Now you have to realize it is a class of 14 advanced students. Half are 3rd grade and half are 4th grade. You would think it would be such a pleasure to teach or be with a class full of advanced students, the problem is...they are a bunch of know-it-alls...literally. Several times in my short appearance is was corrected by one or another of the students so then I just observed. When one student commented on how quiet it was because they are usually all talking I said maybe it was because I was there, then he asked whey I wasn't talking. Because I'm a dumb ass, smarty pants! I would have felt bad, but I witnessed one of the students arguing a point with the teacher...she has to deal with it...at least I could just sit back and keep my mouth shut!

No comments:

Post a Comment