Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Pioneer Woman and Bakerella...a Daunting Duo


Really, what was I thinking? I blame it on another blogger www.thepioneerwoman.com who I read. She had a piece about a baking blog: http://bakerella.blogspot.com/ and between the Pioneer Woman making EVERYTHING look easy and bakerella making EVERYTHING look yummy...I got caught up in thinking I could just jump right in! You have to check out both their sites - they make me want to be a better blogger....and baker....and photographer...and, well you get the picture!
So, back to my cake.....
In response to a few comments on my lovely fondant cake posting, and again I emphasize that I AM NOT an expert on anything that has to do with food, however I can tell you what I've read. Regular fondant, and by regular I'm guessing I mean the kind smart people buy from the store that is already made for you, does not taste very good and I believe I read people peel it off sometimes. However, I also read that they sell stuff you can use to flavor the fondant, so that would be helpful. Now the kind I made is made from powdered sugar (YUM!), mini marshmallows (double YUM!) and water so it tastes pretty good...but also remember that under that thin layer of fondant is a boatload of butter cream frosting (sugar overload!).
For another reader, as I already confirmed, I know I'm not the Ace of Cakes! Nor do I want to be...however I think it would be really cool to spend a day in their baking studio - Duff rocks!
And lastly, for that clean freak out there...I promise to clean the grout between the tile on my kitchen table....because I just have so much time and nothing else to do!

1 comment:

  1. haha...so you ARE reading Pioneer Woman?? I thought of you when I was reading her post on Bakerella. We should have flown out to her ranch for the tutorial.
    ~Joelle

    ReplyDelete