Thursday, March 26, 2009

Java Time, Unwind Time, Me Time....


This here is one of the things I miss most about being home on furlough last week....and one of the things I look forward to every weekend. Brewing some coffee and making myself a nice, big cup in my favorite coffee mug with raw sugar (partially seen in the background). We bought a pair of these mugs at one of our favorite stores called, "Santa Fe North" located in North Conway, NH. I love unique Southwest items, but particularly the character shown here, Kokopelli. He is a mythical, flute-playing and somewhat mischievous character of the Native Americans. I always thought he was specific to the Hopi Indian tribe, but not too long ago I believe I read something saying many tribes had Kokopelli in their stories. So I guess I'm not really sure since I'm not an expert. No, I don't suddenly want to play tricks on my family after using the mug, but something about the mug itself relaxes me...weird, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment