Thursday, March 26, 2009

So What If You're Late...Take Time To Enjoy....

Every weekday morning I have to drive my genius across town to her smart school. No bragging, just the facts...ok maybe a little bragging. The next street over from ours happens to dissect a lake at one point and it's right there, every morning that the sun is out, we get to enjoy a wonderful view. It's just very serene and peaceful...all the ice has melted, the sun is just getting into the sky and lately there is steam coming off the water. What a treat. Especially when the swans are in view as well. Yesterday there was a very large swan that was just coming out of the water by the road when we were driving by. There were no other cars so I stopped. He stretched his body and neck up tall and spread his enormous wings out wide. Only for a second or two, but he was magnificent. Unfortunately for me, I had no real camera and my cell phone had died so I didn't even have a cell phone camera!

So today I decided I would never leave the house again without my camera. Again we had great views so today I was prepared. We actually stopped, turned around, I got out, took photos, turned around again, took more photos. Nothing compared to yesterday, but it reminded me to stop and enjoy once in a while...so what if it makes you 5 minutes late?

I would have liked this photo if it wasn't so centered but I was trying to focus and make sure no other cars were coming at the same time.

I love this photo for the reflections.

No comments:

Post a Comment