Monday, March 2, 2009

Laugh, And The Whole World Laughs With You...

OK, I forget that the posts go in by the date/time you write them, not when you post them...so this post was supposed to come after the next post...anyway Mike and I went away and had some good laughs during our little excursion (I say little because I don't even think we were gone for 24hours!), most of the laughing at my expense, of course! If you don't understand something I refer to, read the next post and it should make sense. If not, can't help ya! So I need to give you a little background here. Last week I went to JC Penney to check out the Sale racks and I got a nice suede and faux sherling type winter coat - the suede is probably faux too, I have no idea. Anyway, it has a hood, etc. and I've always wanted one. It was orig. $200.00, marked down to $29.99, and I got 15% off, plus I had a $10.00 coupon (the coat wasn't the only thing I bought, but WHAT A BARGAIN!). So of course I had to wear my nice new coat for our trip. We took all back roads and stopped at some out of the way pottery galleries...most of them we walked around shocked by the extreme prices but pretended to talk about where we would put the pieces in our house to make it seem like we went to these places all the time. I am interested in pottery, but only to see if I can replicate what they do. We stopped at a custom jewelry place (because it was next to another pottery place) and went into the chocolate shop (because they were giving away free samples!) - although we did buy fudge to go! We finally get to Provincetown, or P Town as we all call it; we park the truck and I'm getting out so we can finally go and eat when Mike looks over at me and starts laughing hysterically. He comes over to me and proceeds to carefully rip the PRICE TAG off that was hanging out from under one arm!


Can you imagine all the people in those galleries that were laughing at me! That was great!


Here is Mike as I was finding things to take pictures of around our table...


Here is Mike after I came out of the ladies room and explained that the soap dispenser was located on the wall, far above my head (who puts soap up that high?)...if that wasn't bad enough, it was a defective dispenser! When I finally managed to position one hand under the dispenser while using the other hand to press the front in, it actually squirted straight out....right on to my shirt!


This was a lovely, stained packet of Equal that was in the sugar dispenser. Like someone spilled coffee on it and they stuck it back in with all the rest hoping someone would still use it! Sorry this one is kind of fuzzy but I think you can still make out the brown stain. Funny thing is, when we had breakfast at our resort, there was a sugar packet with the same issue there - sorry no photo. Isn't that weird?

After we left this restaurant and went to a few shops, we were about to leave when Mike decided he needed to use the little boys room. We happened to be parked right near public bathrooms (the aforementioned very clean bathrooms). When Mike came out he said the guy that came out right before him had ducks all over his pants. I said it must be a Cape thing. Mr. Duckpants got into a late model Mercedes and was driving in front of us much of the way to our resort and I dare say Mr. Duckpants was drunk the way he swerved all over the road.


OK, I had a few beers in me now so I was a little slow getting the camera out. There was this HUGE swan in the middle of the street and that old guy in the photo went out into the road to get the swan to follow him - I don't know if it's his pet or what, but it followed...and it also shrunk down to normal size....I'm serious, it was HUGE!

This was the Espresso area in our room. Mike picked up the tiny cups and was like,"what the hell am I gonna do with a sip of coffee?" Then he saw it was an espresso machine and he was bummed....

This is just a funky carving in the middle of a parking lot for a small shopping plaza...kind of weird, but kind of cool. I could see us saying, "you know the bagel shop I mean, the one near the eagles"...."Oh, NOW I know the one you mean"....

No comments:

Post a Comment