Tuesday, March 31, 2009

They're Too Cute To Strangle!

Today I had one of those moments when I have to think back to when our dogs were tiny and cute....that way I won't try to sell them or give them away. I happened to be the first one home today, which is unusual. Our dogs are locked in the kitchen when no one is home so as soon as I came through the door, I started calling to them and I could hear their nails clicking excitedly on the kitchen floor as they started doing their happy dance. This continued until I got to the kitchen entryway....then I stopped in horror and grimaced as my lower jaw hit the floor. My dogs do not generally steal stuff and chew it to bits, they do not gnaw on our table or chair legs, and I like to think that at 5 1/2 years old, we have seen these habits all but disappear. Maybe that's why I was so shocked to see tons of tiny, empty, silver tins in various crushed positions...all over the kitchen floor....along with a complete coating of crushed wax pieces. My dogs ate a bag of 50 tea light candles. There probably wasn't 50 left in the bag, maybe 30. They didn't eat the wicks b/c also lying among the wreckage was a ton of wicks with the little metal circle at the bottom of it. But the wax....it was everywhere...and stuck to the floor when mixed with enough dog drool. And in case you are wondering....the wax is passing through their system nicely.....so I'm just trying to remember back when they were little and cute and you couldn't possibly get mad at them:





These photos are actually from the night we brought them home...I think Bethany was 2yrs old and those puppies! Mike certainly couldn't resist...


These almost look like the faces they were giving me this afternoon!


No comments:

Post a Comment