Saturday, March 14, 2009

Just Face It, Funny Feet!



It has been very stressful where I work lately...I may have mentioned this previously...so last week I came home, stressed as usual, and was greeted with this sight....my 8 year old really makes me laugh at the right time...sometimes. This was just what I needed to get out of my funk that particular day. I mean really, how could you not smile at this? Then there are times when she keeps me on edge....like last Sunday at mass. It was the 3rd grade CCD class mass...so most of the 3rd graders took part in the mass. Bethany got to do the first reading....she had been practicing for a week and I knew she would do well....however....Bethany has this habit of breaking into a British accent now and then...just because she thinks it's cool. She might go a whole day speaking to me as if she came off the plane from London. Then there is her Elvis impersonations....she does pretty well actually. So when Bethany got up to the podium at church and started her reading, I was waiting for it and for the lecture I would get from my parents and her teacher afterward....I mean it was different when she was a 6yr old in the youth choir and broke out in an air guitar in front of a packed house for the annual Christmas concert....at what age will people start saying she is rebellious instead of "that was cute"? To my surprise she ended her reading without sight of another accent - and I dare say she was the best reader out of all of them - but I could be biased. Of course she got a wild case of the hiccups after receiving communion...when it's nice and quiet...so a bunch of 3rd graders were giggling every time she hiccupped.

No comments:

Post a Comment