Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Little R&R For Me & the Mr....

So I subscribe to this travel newsletter kind of thing from Travelzoo.com - every week they email me with the top 20 best travel deals. I don't know why I sign up for it and I don't know why I even bother to look at it because 99% of the time I look at everything, sigh, and say, "wouldn't it be nice to go to these places?". But a few weeks ago there was a deal for this great resort in Chatham, MA, which is the elbow of Cape Cod, in case you didn't know. The Chatham Bars Inn is very luxurious and you definitely feel pampered there. So, after checking with Mom and Dad to make sure they could watch my lovely children, I booked one night. I wish I had booked more, but it was much needed alone time and we did have fun. I think I enjoy our time together most when we are laughing and thanks to Mike getting good news with his test results this past week, we were able to do a lot of laughing. So here are some of our highlights:





This is a typical shot around the dunes down in Provincetown. Yes, Provincetown has a high population of gay and lesbian people there, no way around it, but it also has some of the best views, food and beaches. Of course it being February and about 30 degrees, we could only enjoy the first two.




This was taken from our table at a restaurant I'm sorry to say I didn't get the name of, but it's right on the pier across from the parking and a public restroom (very clean, according to Mike). I had a wonderful lobster roll and Mike enjoyed a Fisherman's type platter with fresh scallops and clams.





This was half of our room - nice corner fireplace...sorry it came out a bit fuzzy...the other side has a huge flat screen, bureau, fridge, bathroom, espresso area and closet.






This was the view from the main house, where we had breakfast the next morning. It was snowing so you probably can't tell that it's actually looking out over the ocean.



This is looking across the wide, rambling front patio that stretches across the front of the main house. Wonderful in warmer weather....it was a bit windy and cold (24 degrees) this morning!



The Chatham Lighthouse - no explanation needed.




This is across from the Chatham Lighthouse. The snow was literally pelting us sideways...actually make that...pelting ME sideways. Mike sat in the truck and watched while I took photos.



Anyone familiar with Cape Cod knows there are only 2 ways to get on or off the Cape...2 bridges, The Bourne Bridge and The Sagamore Bridge - they are identical. This is the Bourne Bridge.


And so we returned home...a little more relaxed. Highly recommend it.




No comments:

Post a Comment